Web Soil Survey

 The Websoil survey was very interesting to work with. It took me awhile to figure out how to set the AOI(Area of Interest) without a webfile. However; once I got the Area of Interest set, it became easy to navigate and had so much information and reports to explore. I particularly enjoyed looking at the different soils throughout the county under the soil map tab. I found this helpful, as we do a lot of soil samples through my office, and so it was interesting seeing the different types of soils in the county. Also, once I started looking up a few specific addresses I found that it could be a helpful place to start for many homeowners that might be curious of their type of soil for home gardens, farms and more. It of course can not say all the nutrient levels of a specific fields like a soil test can, but for those that are just interested in their soil type without knowing specific nutrient levels this will be a great tool. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate and Weather Resources