Reflection

Throughout this course I really enjoyed trying out new technology, from the web soils survey website to all the different AI tools. I learned about many new AI tools that could help especially with identification in my current role. Since, in my current role there are many days were I might be tasked to identify a new weed, or tree or something else. So, learning about new tools that can help with this aspect of my role is very helpful. The web soils surveys in particular because it is a tool that can help people learn more about their soils. So, I am excited to continue researching this tool especially even beyond this class. I also found the invasive species research particularly helpful and have already used some of the information I gathered in my role as well. Right now the spotted lanternflies are really prominent in our area, so any information on them I can learn as well will continue to help me. Along with the tree and shrub identification this  information has also already proven to be helpful especially with local homeowners wanting to learn more about what they have on their property and if it is native or invasive. 

Overall I can already see how these new perspectives can help aid in a local perspective with just informing others. However, there can defiantly be a regional and international perspective as well. Regionally knowing the native species and invasive helps the public be aware of what to plant and what not to plant along with what to keep an eye out for. This will help keep control of those invasives. Internationally, biodiversity really has an effect because what is happening in one area has the potential to later on effect other areas.

Biodiversity really has a large impact across local, regional, and international lines. Whether that be through invasive animals, or plants, or it can be through the environment. We are all very much connected. Learning more about the environment you live in and how what is happening in your areas can potentially affect other areas, can help people be more informed. Some of the tools we explored can aid in the learning process as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate and Weather Resources

Web Soil Survey